CMI HISTORY

The Carmelites of Mary Immaculate (CMI) is an international religious Congregation serving the People of God in 32 countries spread out in six continents. This first indigenous Indian Catholic Congregation for men was founded in 1831 at Mannanam near Kottayam, Kerala by Saint Kuriakose Elias Chavara. He laid the foundation for all the modern and progressive fields of activities to which the congregation is committed at present. In the educational field, the CMI congregation runs several colleges, schools, training and technical institutes all over India and abroad. It is involved in several social and humanitarian services the world over.

THE CMI VISION OF EDUCATION

CMI educational endeavours are open to all irrespective of caste or creed, and aim at forming leaders who are intellectually competent, spiritually mature, morally upright, psychologically integrated, physically healthy and socially acceptable, who will champion the cause of justice, love, trust, brotherhood and peace and open to further growth and change.

The secret of the success of CMI educational institutions is a community of committed teachers, who are professionally competent, morally sound, upright, just and humane in their dealings. We aspire towards creating a just and human society where dignity of the human person is respected, where our cultural heritage of ahimsa, religious harmony and national integration are upheld and where the poor and the marginalized are specially taken care of.

Chavara Vidya Bhavan Higher Secondary School was established in the year 1986 by Fathers of the Preshitha Province in Carmelites of Mary Immaculate (CMI) Congregation, and is owned by the Little Flower Education Society. Taking cue from the zealous Saint Chavara, our primary aim is ‘Quality Education’ and to blossom into service. The school is situated at Somayampalayam, away from the bustle of the city amidst natural surroundings.